PUMPKIN MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE & WALNUT | VEGAN

9.08.2019






The autumnal baking has begun. I just couldn't help myself!
I can't wait to start baking with fresh pumpkin as it gives me all the cozy autumn feels and carving pumpkins with my family is something I look forward to every year. But for now, canned pumpkin is working wonderfully. 

It's slowly becoming a tradition that I make pumpkin bread every year. It's one of my favourite baked treats ever, it's just so yummy! and although I'll definitely be making it again at some point this year, I wanted to change it up just a little bit by baking these delicious pumpkin muffins. 

I have a ton of autumn inspired recipes up my sleeve, not to mention the amount of fun halloween party food ideas I have planned. So starting this early is almost essential! 

- PUMPKIN MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE & WALNUT -

Makes: 12    Prep: 10 mins   Cook: 25 mins

You will need:

- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon 
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea water) *
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bar dark chocolate (Nomo is my favourite), chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- pinch of salt

Method:

1. Pre heat oven to 200C and line a baking tin with muffin cases.

2. Sieve the flour into a large bowl, along with the spices and bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, aquafaba, water and pumpkin puree. Keep whisking until well combined.

4. Add the pumpkin mixture into the dry mix and stir until completely combined.

5. Fold in the dark chocolate and chopped walnuts with a spatular.

6. Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them almost to the top. 

7. Bake for 25 minutes, checking on them every now and then.

8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!


*Aquafaba is a vegan egg alternative, using the water leftover from a can of chickpeas. Alternatively, you could use 2 flax eggs in this recipe.

What's your favourite autumnal treat?

Love Always,
Shannon x

3 comments

  1. These look so good, and perfect for Autumn! Definitely need to give them a try. Thanks for sharing xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious

    Candice || natalyaammour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sieht lecker aus, werde das Rezept mal ausprobieren. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete