15 Minute Arrabbiata Pasta

6.08.2019


Whenever I'm looking for something quick and easy to whip up, tomato pasta with a spicy kick is always my go to, whether it's for lunch or dinner. This recipe only takes 15 short minutes to cook, so if you're feeling lazy and want something easy, I got you.

Since it's pretty gloomy outside, I wanted to cook something cozy and hearty to keep me going until dinner and I knew this would be my quickest, tastiest option. If you follow me on instagram @veganshannon then you'll know that I make this recipe a lot, but have never actually shared the details, so I thought now would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

You will need:

- A serving of pasta (I usually just wing it by measuring it out roughly in a bowl first, knowing not to go crazy as the pasta will expand a lot)
- 1/2 cup passata sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tsp dried chillies (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings (oregano, thyme)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 large tomato or 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp water
- tiny bit of oil

Method:

Start off by cooking your choice of pasta in a saucepan with boiling water. After about 5 minutes, begin adding the garlic, Italian seasonings and chillies to a medium / large frying pan with a tiny bit of oil on low heat. Once it starts becoming fragrant, cut the tomatoes into halves and add to the pan. keep this cooking on low heat for around 30 seconds before adding the passata and tomato puree. Stir everything together slowly before finally adding the vegetable stock cube mixed with one tablespoon of water.

Keep the sauce simmering on low heat until the pasta is cooked. This should take around five extra minutes. Drain the pasta once it's completely cooked, making sure you shake off an excess water. Finally add the pasta to the sauce and mix until it's all combined! Serve with salad and a pinch of black pepper.

Of course it's completely optional what you serve this up with, it's tasty all on it's own anyway!

I know my last recipe was a pasta dish, but I have some more exciting things coming up very soon that I can't wait to share with you! I'm loving sharing recipes with you already so I can't wait to see what the future holds for this little space of mine now that I'm making some changes.

Will you be trying this recipe?

Love Always,
Shannon x

2 comments