Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Friday, 24 March 2017

MY GO-TO HOMEMADE VEGAN GRANOLA

I've been meaning to introduce some vegan recipes onto my blog for a while now and thought what better way to kick it off than to share my favourite go-to breakfast, that being granola. my very own granola. the granola from the gods. the vegan gods. Yeah anyway, moving on.. this recipe is super easy yet incredibly yummy so I recommend you try it out whenever you may get the chance.

I like to make this cereal in a big batch so I can eat it throughout the week and it can also be stored in an airtight container for up to two - three weeks! I tend to drown a bowl of this in coconut / almond milk and top it off with frozen raspberries and maybe a few cacao nibs if i'm feeling it. You could literally use any toppings such as fresh fruit and coconut yogurt or any extra dried fruit and seeds.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raw nuts (I usually like to use pecans and almonds but had to sub the almonds for cashews instead because I was all out, how sad), roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup dried fruit (I use cranberries and raisins)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 170 C.
  2. Stir together oats, nuts and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add maple syrup and coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat for around 2 minutes until fully combined.
  4.  Immediately pour the maple and coconut mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together until everything is completley coated. 
  5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour out the ingredients from the bowl, making sure it's all spread out in an even layer. 
  6. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. 
  7. Remove from oven and stir in the dessicated coconut and dried fruit. Bake for a further 5 minutes until it turns an even deeper golden brown, be careful as it can burn easily. 
  8. Finally remove it from the oven and leave to cool for around 15 minutes before storing in a large airtight container or snack on it whenever you feel like! 
See how easy?! Let me know if you plan on trying this recipe, it's delicious, healthy and satisfying so it fills all your breakfast needs, woo!

shannon
x

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Granola is my one true love <3

    Liam :)
    www.liamjhavard.com

    ReplyDelete