Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Friday, 13 January 2017

SHAAANXO EYESHADOW AND LIPSTICK PALETTE | REVIEW



As a fan of Shaaanxo (Shannon Harris) on Youtube, I knew I needed this palette when she released it a little while back. I finally received this gorgeous palette for Christmas, but have been playing around with it a bit before sharing my thoughts on it with all of you lovely people - but honestly, I love it. I absolutely love how this is not only an eyeshadow palette, but a lip palette also. There is such a variation of shades and definitley makes me step out of my comfort zone a little with all the bright lip colours, as i'm one who usually just sticks to a nude lip. All of the eyeshadows are warm shades which I think is the reason why I wanted this palette the most, I can't even tell you how obsessed I am with orangey / golden tones.

The eye palette is so pigmented and is an amazing price for such high quality with four mattes and 5 shimmery shades. The only downside to the palette that I found is that there is quite a bit of fallout when applying this to the eyes, so I always do my eye makeup before applying foundation and use a face wipe to get rid of any excess. They all blend out so well and my two favourite eyeshadows in the palette are without a doubt the orange and the burgundy - they're so stunning and you could easily create a day to night look with them by adding darker shades and a bit of shimmer for the evening.


Although I love the lipsticks in this palette, I expected there to be more of a variation in colours as a lot of them are quite bright pink shades, which I find don't suit me very much. As I usually stick to nude shades with all my lipsticks, I definitley get a lot of use out of the nude shade in this palette, but I also really like the deep purple although it still has a pink tint to it. I find that when you look at the different shades in the palette compared to how they look like when applied, they look very similar on the lip whereas they all look very different in the palette which is a downside. I love how hydrating the lipsticks are when applied, and don't dry out my lips at all throughout the day, they also last a bit longer on the lips than I expected to and stay whenever you eat and drink, which obviously is something we all want and love in a good lipstick.
Overall, I think this palette is stunning and I know i'm going to get a lot of usage out of it as I have been using it near enough every day since Christmas. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a new palette without spending a lot of money. You can find it on BH cosmetics or if you're from the UK you can find it on Beauty Bay where I got mine.


have you tried this palette?

shannon
x

4 comments:

  1. Great review! This is such a pretty palette. The eyeshadows look really beautiful!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! It's definitely worth purchasing x

      Delete
  2. I was using the palette since it came out and I it`s my favourite! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete