Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Wednesday, 12 October 2016

A/W 2016 TRENDS: VELVET

A/W 2016 TRENDS: VELVET

A/W 2016 TRENDS: VELVET



Velvet has been hitting all the stores and has featured in many shows during fashion week, so it's safe to say that it is definitley one of the biggest trends of 2016. I feel like velvet is a very love or hate kind of trend as some people hate the texture or simply the way it looks, but I, along with many others, love it! I rounded up five of my favourite velvet pieces, each from a different store to help you find the right addition to your wardrobe, enjoy!

1. River Island - Grey velvet lace trim bodysuit - £22
This bodysuit is available in four different shades, although only orange and grey are velvet. River Island are always quick to create new trends or follow ones that are popular, so they tend to have some really great items all year round. You could keep this bodysuit looking simple or it could easily be dressed up, the options are almost endless!

2. MissPap - Black Velvet Rucksack - £20
As soon as I found this beauty on the MissPap website I knew I needed it as soon as possible, it's so cute! This backpack can make any outfit look chic, yet super adorable and it's available in several different colours at a great price!

3. Topshop - Harry velvet ankle boots - £65
Although you can find this style of boot literally anywhere at the moment (Public Desire have an amazing variety) I thought these ones from Topshop were gorgeous. This style can give character to any basic outfit and also make you look pretty sassy, I need these in every colour like right now.

This kimono is probably way out of the average person's budget, but i'm obsessed! 

5. Boohoo - Velvet halter plunge jumpsuit - £22
Boohoo is a great place to find trending pieces of clothing and accessories at a cheaper price, I could literally spend hours scrolling through their website! This jumpsuit is also available in black, but I would recommend purchasing it in turmeric if you are looking to keep your wardrobe more colourful throughout autumn and winter.   



Are you a fan of the velvet trend?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that velvet has been such a hit this season-- that means that there are more options for us velvet lovers :) I absolutely love those velvet boots!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete