Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Saturday, 1 October 2016

6 OF THE BEST DISNEY MOVIES


As a huge lover of Disney, I'm honestly surprised that I haven't written a Disney based post in the two years that I've been blogging, so hey guess what? here it is. You probably clicked on this post because you are also a Disney lover so we may as well just embrace the love together. I'm sure a lot of people can relate, but Disney has been a major part of my life ever since I can remember so it's really special to me and always will be! Anyway.. even though the list of favourites could go on forever, I had to narrow it down to just a few, so here are my absolute favourite Disney movies that you need to see if you haven't already.

The Princess And The Frog -
Probably one of the most underrated Disney movies which I find so annoying since it's incredible. The movie is based on the classic tale The Frog Prince, but with a modern twist. Tiana is transformed into a frog along with Prince Naveen and on their journey to break the spell they meet Louis the alligator who longs to be a human and Ray the firefly. The movie is based in New Orleans with feel good music and humour. I would recommend this movie to anyone, I love it!

The Little Mermaid - 
One of the best Disney classics ever! I have adored The Little Mermaid since I was little and it will forever be one of my top favourites, it's just so magical. The story is based on a mermaid (duh) named Ariel who wishes she could be apart of the human world, so after making a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, she heads on an adventure of a lifetime with Flounder and Sebastian at her side. Also the songs in this film are everything!

Mulan -
This has to be the most inspirational movie that Disney have ever made and I'm sure many others would agree. The story celebrates courage, honour and Mulan staying true to her own heart as she disguises herself as a man and takes her father's place in the Imperial Army to defeat the Huns to protect the whole of China.

Pocahontas - 
This tale is about a free-spirited princess named Pocahontas who seeks peace between the English soldiers and her people after falling in love with John Smith. The songs in this movie are really powerful and it's one that I could watch over and over again without getting bored.

The Lion King -
I feel like literally everyone has seen this one, and if you haven't have you been living under a rock? This is my all time favourite Disney movie above everything else! I get so many mixed emotions every time I watch it and the songs make me cry they're so beautiful. The story is based on Simba, a young cub who can't wait to be king and follows his journey in the circle of life.

The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride - 
This is without a doubt my favourite Disney sequel and I can easily say I love it just as much as the first one. It's all about Simba's daughter, Kiara, who seeks adventure without being followed and meets Kovu who is part of Scar's pride. The two of them try to bring peace between the two lands.



what's your favourite Disney movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment