Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Saturday, 11 June 2016

LIFE LATELY



I'm so happy that I can finally say that my school life is officially over now that I have no more exams left, oh and the part where I actually left school two years ago to become home schooled...

I don't see exams as being a huge deal like some people, yes, I would love to be able to say I got the highest grades on every subject, but really it's just a letter that shouldn't define your future. Some of the most successful people in the world got low grades at school and some didn't even do exams, so really why is there so much stress put on everyone now-a-days to get these high grades? eh, I'm not here to write this post to complain about exams so I guess I should move on before I start ranting about this boring topic.

I now have 14 weeks to enjoy the longest summer I've ever had and work on getting the best tan possible, but I live in England so I don't know if that's very likely. There's even a "moving on day" at my new college that I'm going to attend on the 20th of this month,so that's actually pretty exciting but I'm not gonna lie, I'm also nervous.

Music has recently become one of the biggest things in my life right now. I can't quite put into words how much it means to me - I mean it always has, but just recently I've noticed how it's not possible for me to live without it. I've looked deeper into songs and started to really listen to the lyrics and the meaning behind them, it's truly beautiful when you notice how much a song can mean to so many people in the world, relating to those same lyrics over that one subject. Wow, deep moments with Shannon right now.

Today was pretty hard for me. I woke up to the saddest news I've ever woken up to. I opened my Twitter app like I do every single morning and I noticed many tweets about someone I have admired since I first discovered YouTube, that person being Christina Grimme. Christina was one of the most kind hearted musicians I have ever known and her music never failed to bring a smile to my face. Her love towards her fans, family and god was truly incredible and was so clear to see. Tears instantly started rolling down my face as I found out that she had been shot during her show in Orlando, Florida on her tour with "Before you exit". I still find it hard to wrap around my mind, it doesn't seem real at all. Christina was in critical condition and eventually passed away that same night. The gunman also killed themselves that night, but I'm still so shocked that anyone could be so cruel as to harm her. It was so clear how much she enjoyed performing and creating her own music as well as the covers she did for many years on YouTube. My thoughts and prayers are with Christina's friends and family and she will always remain in my heart.


I have set a goal to write as many posts as I can this summer, so hopefully there will be one up tomorrow. I hope you're all having a great summer so far wherever you may be in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment