Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Monday, 4 January 2016

BENEFIT "GIMME BROW"




Benefit has been one of my favourite high end beauty brands for such a long time now and it wasn't until November that I finally got to try their "Gimme brow brow-volumising fibre gel" for myself. 

I had heard so many positive things about this product along with the "hello flawless foundation" (you can read my honest review on the foundation here) and the "high beam highlighter" (a review on this will also be up soon!) So it was no surprise that I was super excited to use the product for the first time! 

I have used many eyebrow products from brands such as Soap and Glory, Rimmel London, Maybelline, Barry M and Sleek which are all set at high street prices under £10, but none of those included a gel formula! 

I honestly can't stress enough how deeply in love I am with this product. The applicator is pretty tiny which is definitely a good thing since you can avoid annoying splodges above or below the brow and can create an amazing arch. I find that this makes my eyebrows look much thicker and still remain looking natural. Once I have applied this product I like to comb through my brows with my Lash and Brow comb & brush from The Body Shop to get rid of any mistakes and lumps that I have made and create a defined shape.

I love the formula of this product as it isn't too sticky, but still holds really great. There are only two shades to choose from and I got medium/deep. There is also the option of light/medium.

This product claims to be water resistant, long-wearing, natural-looking and buildable. I honestly think that these are all true and have yet to find a brow product better than this.

You can find this here for £18.50

what is your favourite brow product?


p.s. happy new year!

10 comments:

  1. I love all of Benefits eyebrow products and I think they work wonders! I don't tend to use the Gimme Brow though because I use the Brow-zings gel/cream and powder instead and that sets them well enough for me. I also read your review on the foundation because its the one I'm currently using and it makes my skin feel so soft. I don't tend to find it too watery though but when I spoke to the lady at the counter I asked her how long it should last me if I used it for everyday wear and she said 6 months plus+ I've had mine since November and I'm over halfway through it and I haven't even wore it everyday and I tend to only use 1/2 pumps of product each time! Also, I've never tried applying it with a stippling brush so I'll have to give that a go, I use the Real Techniques beauty blender after making it a little damp and its giving me amazing coverage. x

    Mollie Victoria Beauty | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about Brow-zings, I'd love to give that a go next. Since my review on the foundation I have noticed the exact same as you! I don't wear it all too often and it already seems to be coming to an end. I also now use the Real Techniques beauty blender instead of the stippling brush as I feel it blends much easier and gives great coverage also. Thank you so much for reading both posts x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great product! I actually don't use any brow products but this sounds like something I could definitely try.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it, but if you're looking for something maybe a little lighter, the Soap and Glory "archery" is great!

      Delete
  3. I keep saying I'm going to try this but never do! I just know it'll be right up my alley.

    xx, Alexandra | ALYSPACE | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! it's such a lovely product x

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about this product but do I really want to spend £18.50 on brow product?
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are probably a few dupes out there, I just have yet to find them! I do love the soap and glory "archery", it's £10, but very good x

      Delete
  5. I got a sample of this in a birchbox and I really liked it! It made doing my eyebrows so easy! I'm glad you really liked it! I need to get the full size!!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too! definitely my favourite brow product i've ever used!

      Delete