Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Thursday, 19 November 2015

30 BEAUTY QUESTIONS TAG

It's been some time since I did a tag post and I haven't really found one that has appealed to me lately besides the "30 beauty questions tag" so I thought why not give it a go?


1. Do you remember your first makeup item? Nope, but it was probably a cheap lip gloss set from a kids magazine.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? I really like the maybelline lash sensational mascara because I like the curved wand, but I'm sure there are still much better ones out there that I still need to try out so I don't really know what my perfect mascara is yet.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? Full coverage for sure!

4. Favourite high end brand? I'm really loving Estee Lauder right now, but I'm also a lover of Urban Decay and Benefit, ahh I can't choose just one!

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? Anastasia Beverly Hills, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Chanel, NARS, Zoeva, Hourglass, Tarte and Laura Mercier.

6. Favourite drugstore brand? I'm torn between Maybelline or Bourjois.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Nope, I tried them once when I was younger but thought they felt really heavy. I'd love to buy some again though and see what I think about them now!

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without? I think it's gotta be my soap and glory "archery" brow tint and crayon. 

9. What is your most cherished beauty product? hmm.. I do love my benefit "hello flawless" foundation.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get loads of goodies at once?  I get what I need, but I always end up seeing things I'd love to have but don't actually need!

11. Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely? There should never be a budget on beauty, right?

12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics? No. not really to be honest.

13. What type of products do you buy the most? I love love love buying eyeshadows, but I probably buy foundation and mascara more regularly.

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely cannot stand? Nope, I've never found a brand that I cannot stand. 

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphate? No, I never think of these kind of things (should I be?..)

16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? I really like Kiko because everyone is so friendly and the makeup is presented really nicely, but I do love boots. 

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I'm always up for testing new brands/products so no I don't keep a certain routine!

18. Favorite bath and body brand? The Body Shop is my all time weakness.

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? Definitely either MAC or Estee Lauder! 

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging? YSL !! I love all the gold, it's so beautiful and classy.

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup? Alexa Chung always looks great, as well as Perrie Edwards and all of the Kardashians/Jenners.

22. Do you belong to any online makeup communties? erm I don't think so, If I am then I certainly don't remember.

23. 5 favourite beauty gurus? Shannon Harris (shaanxo), Fleur DeForce, Tori SterlingKaushal Beauty and ItsMyRayeRaye

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? I've never tried them, but I would happily test some.

25. Are you clumsy when putting on makeup? Not really, besides the odd blob of mascara that ends up on my nose...

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Most of the time, yeah.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day? Three.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? Foundation, but I don't know whether to start applying concealer first instead now.

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? I have considered it a few times actually, they sound like a lot of fun.

30. What do you love about makeup? I love playing around with different looks and how it can change your face so much with different kind of styles and shades. 

10 comments:

  1. Girl I love Tori too
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know more about you shannon. I've been meaning to do a beauty tag post too. Hope i can borrow your questions when im ready.lol

    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Let me know when you post so I can read it!

      Delete
  4. Love tag posts they are so much fun and you get to know more about the blogger which is great!
    Rita x
    http://dashofcurves.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, this is great! Love all your answers. I'm trying to remember what my first makeup purchase was and I have no idea!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was struggling to remember mine too!

      Delete