Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Tuesday, 13 October 2015

THE BODY SHOP: ALL-IN-ONE BB CREAM AND PRIMER









A few months ago whilst on a trip into Brighton, I was practically dragged into one of my favourite stores everrrr (aka the body shop). Now when I say I was "practically dragged" I'm not exaggerating; I could almost feel the body shop gods pulling me by the arm into the store forcing me to buy a few products...

I had heard of the all-in-one bb cream and instablur from recent youtube videos and blog posts and knew I had to have it. The shop assistant was so friendly and helped me pick out the perfect shade for my skin and in the end I bought the bb cream in '02 Medium'. This bb cream has officially earned it's rightful place in my top 5 favourite beauty products. I honestly can't get enough of it!

Before applying the bb cream it's recommended that you use the instablur primer to give a flawless finish. They're not kidding. When I tried the primer for the first time I fell in love more than I thought possible. The texture is ridiculously smooth and you only need to apply the smallest amount! The primer is great for reducing the appearance of pores and shine and is also pretty damn fab for holding your makeup longer. I do warn that you don't apply too much of this primer in one area as it can cause the cream to flake away throughout the day. 

Moving onto the bb cream... I absolutely adore this product. I find that it hydrates my skin more than any bb cream I've owned and is light so when I don't want to be wearing too much makeup, this is great for the job. The cream gives off a dewy effect after application and is beautiful especially this time of year with a light coat of mascara, a little blush, a nude lip and a teeny tiny bit of eyeshadow! I definitely recommend that you shake this before use as the cream can be very watery at times and should be blended with a brush (I use this) or sponge. 

Thank you for reading,
Shannon
xx


What beauty products do you recommend?





11 comments:

  1. My mum has picked this up for me the other day! I can't wait to try it, she said so many great things about it :)

    love, lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've never used BB creams before but I have pretty dry skin this time of year so it may help. Would love if you could check out my recent post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too and I think this helps a lot x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for these review, I love Body shop's body products but never really tried their make-up.


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no problem! I've tried a few of their lips products too and I love them x

      Delete
  4. Ooo I've never ventured into The Body Shop's base products, but I've got my eye on the BB cream x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea that the Body Shop made these products. I am definitely a big fan of the Body Shop. I will definitely have to give them a try, especially since I have dry skin & the BB cream gives a dewy finish!


    Becca | A Dash Of Becca

    ReplyDelete