Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

5 WAYS TO STAY CALM



Hello everyone!

Today I was thinking about how when we're out in public we see many, many faces passing us by; each with a different expression, each person feeling something different to another. Lately I've noticed how when I'm talking to friends, they're worried about something going on in their lives.. whether it's about moving out, going to uni, friend drama etc..
Every single person worries about something at some point in their life even if they don't like to admit it. So I thought, why not make a post with 5 different tips to stay calm when you're stressed out.




1) Listen to slow/calming songs - If you're like me, you may find it much easier to worry about a situation late at night when you're telling your mind to shut up and allow you to go to sleep. So, grab your phone from your bedside table, fetch some headphones and listen to some calming music. Before you know it, your eyes will probably feel droopy and you'll find yourself asleep. Personally my favourite song to fall asleep to is 'Madness' by Sleeping With Sirens.

2) Talk to someone - Probably the most obvious out of everything, but trust me this helps. Surround yourself with those who you love and talk. Let everything out. I always feel a massive weight being lifted off of my shoulders once I've done this and instantly feel a bit better.

3) Go on a walk - Even if it's just around the block, it's so so good to get some fresh air. While you're at it take a few deep breathes! oxygen helps to calm the mind beyond belief.

4) Go to your happy place - For me this is the beach. I like to watch and listen to the waves crashing with the wind blowing through my hair. This instantly brings a smile to my face and makes me feel a whole lot better. If you haven't found your happy place, you sure will eventually. It might take some time, but in the meantime find something you love, whether that's reading, baking, drawing, painting, singing etc.. and get lost in it!

5) Focus on the positive - Try to stop yourself from thinking about all of the reasons why it could go wrong and instead think about all the positive outcomes of the situation! and so what if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped for on a test? so what if you were late for an event? stop blaming yourself for stumbling over a few obstacles and dwelling over a situation. Whatever happened, happened. It's in the past. Focus on the present! 


I know it's hard to not get yourself worked up in a horrible situation, but please take a moment and think how bad is it? will it really matter in five years? two years? or even 3 months from now?



If you have any other tips to stay calm go ahead and leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading,

Shannon 
xx


6 comments:

  1. Great post! I live the pics:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!!! Super helpful and works for me when I'm stressed :)

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I'm glad they're helpful x

      Delete
  3. I always grab a notebook and either write a story about a stranger either at the library or coffeeshop, or simply take a walk in the woods alone. But I do find writing helps relieve stress!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete